Pain Management in Corydon, IN
Dr. Anthony Sehlinger and the team at Corydon Pain Management Clinic in Corydon provide treatment for acute and chronic pain with the kind of understanding and expertise you are looking for.
Integrated Pain Management
Acute Pain - often begins abruptly and is abnormally sharp. Some of the typical causes of acute pain are cuts, burns, broken bones, surgery, or giving birth. Acute pain can be severe and last from weeks to months. Once Dr. Sehlinger has determined the cause underlying cause and treated the pain, acute pain does not typically continue past six months.
Chronic Pain - if short-term pain is not treated appropriately, it sometimes leads to long-term, or “chronic” pain. Pain is deemed chronic when it lasts longer than three months, despite the fact it is underlying cause has been fully rehabilitated.
Chronic pain can include:
- Inflammation of extremities and joints
- Low back pain
- Arthritis pai
- Cancer pain
- Pain caused by nerve damage
Further Problems Chronic Pain Can Cause
But Dr. Sehlinger understands that when acute pain morphs into chronic pain, your quality of life suffers. It can cause strained muscles, a lack of energy, and movement problems.
Our integrated pain management approach helps our patients deal with the emotional problems that often accompany prolonged pain. We help you deal with the anxiety, depression, and dramatic fluctuations in appetite.
Help for Acute and Chronic Pain
We use a several effective treatments that can often be used at home. Some of the treatments performed at Corydon Pain Management Clinic include:
- Physical and Occupational therapy - Physical therapy maintains your recovery from acute pain without added medications or short-term fixes. Our physical therapist concentrates on the muscles you should stretch and strengthen so your body can recover from injury. Occupational therapy focuses on engaging specific tasks, such as getting in and out of a car or walking up and down stairs with less pain.
- Massage Therapy – Though not a cure, massage therapy often enables people to see their muscle tension eased and feel better.
- Complementary Treatments - chiropractic spinal manipulation, acupuncture, and biofeedback are options your physician may suggest you consider.
Call Corydon Pain Management Clinic Today!
Integrative medicine considers the lifestyle habits of a patient. We work with you to treat the whole person rather than just the pain.
Call us to learn more about how our Integrated Pain Management may be the answer for your pain.
Corydon Pain Management Clinic 2230 Edsel Ln NW #1 Corydon, IN 47112 Phone: (812) 734-0303